The number of people impacted by lost wages and lost jobs during the pandemic has led to an increase in need for our services. On average, CFA services 1,000 families a week.
January 2020 – August 2020 compared to January 2019-August 2019
As a result of your generosity, in 2019:
- CFA distributed 61,379 Emergency & Holiday Food Packages. An emergency food package consists of seven days worth of food; the amount of food a household receives is based on family size. On average, an emergency food package consists of 6 bags of groceries.
- CFA provided Thanksgiving food packages to 2,986 households – 9,468 people
As needed, CFA clients can come for food packages up to 12 times a year.
- CFA helped 793 households with other basic needs: rent – 156 households, security deposits – 281 households, utility & heating bills – 356 households.
- CFA distributed more than 35,000 Weekend Snack Packs and 2000 Smile Packs to children in 23 area elementary schools, clubs and libraries.
- CFA distributed fresh produce and other grocery items to 3,115 low-income community members at free mobile farmers markets.
How many people did your donations help in your town?