Create a legacy in the fight against hunger and homelessness with your support of Center for Food Action.
Do you dream about a time where there is no hunger in New Jersey, when every cupboard is full, and every child, senior and family have enough to eat? Your dream is our dream too.
You do not need to be wealthy to leave a legacy. Whether you would like to put your donation to work today or benefit us after your lifetime, you can find a charitable plan that lets you provide for your family and continues your support of Center for Food Action.
Gift in Your Will or Living Trust
A simple way to make a long-term impact
A gift in your will is a meaningful way to support Center for Food Action. It is also a simple way to help hungry families in our community.
It is easy to complete your gift by including just one sentence in your will. Since your gift is not realized until after your lifetime, it costs you nothing today. With the added peace of mind should your life or financial circumstances change, you can change your mind at any time.
No matter the size, a gift in your will to Center for Food Action helps fight hunger and homelessness in New Jersey.
- Contact Patricia Espy at 201-569-1804, Ext. 24 for additional information on bequests or to chat more about the different options for including Center for Food Action in your will or estate plan.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- If you include Center for Food Action in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: Center for Food Action
Address: 192 W. Demarest Avenue, Englewood NJ, 07631
Federal Tax ID Number: #22-2189072
An easy way to help New Jersey families living in poverty
In just a few minutes, you can make a lasting impact at Center for Food Action and it won’t affect your current budget. Simply name Center for Food Action as a beneficiary of one of your assets, such as the following:
- IRAs or retirement plan
- Life insurance policy
- Commercial annuity
It only takes three steps to make this type of gift. Here’s how to name Center for Food Action as a beneficiary:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like Center for Food Action to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
IRA Charitable Rollover
If you are 70½ years old or older, you can take advantage of a simple way to benefit Center for Food Action and receive tax benefits in return. You can give up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to a qualified charity such as ours without having to pay income taxes on the money. This popular gift option is commonly called the IRA charitable rollover, but you may also see it referred to as a qualified charitable distribution, or QCD for short.
This law has no expiration date so you are free to make annual gifts this year and well into the future.
Why Consider Giving an IRA Charitable Rollover?
- Your gift will be put to use today, allowing you to see the difference you’re making to families facing hunger in New Jersey
- You pay no income taxes on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
- If you have not yet taken your required minimum distribution for the year, your IRA charitable rollover gift can satisfy all or part of that requirement.